Now open! – Applications for the Masters Research Dissertation Programme 2016
The Consumer Data Research Centre (CDRC) are pleased to announce that we are now accepting applications for the Masters Research Dissertation Programme 2016.
Masters students from all disciplines and UK institutions with an interest in retail data and working on real world problems are invited to visit our website at www.cdrc.ac.uk/retail-masters/ to browse the dissertation topics which have been proposed by major companies such as the Sainsbury’s, Argos, Boots and Camelot.
A very brief overview of the programme is as follows:
- Students apply to projects proposed by retail companies which are advertised on the CDRC website: www.cdrc.ac.uk/retail-masters/
- Successful applicants undertake their dissertations over the spring and summer, with regular supervisory meetings with their retail sponsors
- Retail sponsors usually provide £500 in sponsorship, plus travel expenses, to be paid upon successful completion of the project
- PDF copies of (completed) dissertations are submitted at the start of September 2016 to their retail sponsor and also to the CDRC
- Each dissertation is considered for a cash prize (£500, £250 and £250) to be awarded at an academic conference, held in London, in October
- Students will be invited to produce A1 posters of their work and also present these at the academic conference in London
- Students will also be invited to produce a 600 word extended abstract for their projects to be published on the CDRC website
To apply, students will need to download an application form from the CDRC website and then submit a completed version (which includes a cover letter) with a copy of their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is highly recommended that students carefully read the application guidance provided on our website before submitting an application. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and it is recommended that they should be submitted early to avoid disappointment.
- Some examples of dissertations from last year’s scheme: https://www.cdrc.ac.uk/retail-masters/2015-projects/
Back to Archive