- This event has passed.
Confident Spatial Analysis and Statistics in R & GeoDa – London
This course is now fully booked.
In this course we will cover how to prepare and analyse spatial data in RStudio & GeoDa. We will use RStudio to perform spatial overlay techniques (such as union, intersection and buffers) to combine different spatial data layers to support a spatial analysis decision.
We will also use RStudio and GeoDa to explore a range of different spatial analyses including Moran’s I and clustering. By the end of the course you will understand how RStudio manages spatial data and be able to use RStudio for a range of spatial analysis.
This course is ideal for anyone who wishes to use spatial data in their role. If you are not already familiar with the basic elements of GIS or R, you may wish to attend the one-day course ‘Introduction to Spatial Data & Using R as a GIS’ prior to this course on 23rd April 2018 where these skills are covered.
• Basic spatial analysis and statistics, such as Moran’s I and Local Indicators of Spatial Autocorrelation
• Using GeoDa and R to perform these analysis and understand the outputs
• Be aware of the advantages and disadvantages of different pieces of software
• Perform spatial decision making in R, using buffers, overlays and spatial joins
• Know how to use RStudio and GeoDa for a range of spatial analysis
• Understand why spatial autocorrelation is important and how to measure it
• Be able to use GeoDa to perform clustering analysis
• Understand how to use buffers and overlays to support your proposals
• Develop your confidence in using RStudio for data handling using scripts
• Know how to develop custom functions in RStudio
Please note this course can be taken as a one-day course, or can also be taken in conjunction with another one-day course on 23rd April 2018.
Please email email@example.com for more information.
£60 – UK registered students – register here
£100 – staff at UK academic institutions and research centres, UK-registered charity and voluntary organisations, staff in public sector and government – register here
£300 – all other participants including staff from commercial organisations – register here
All fees include event materials, lunch, morning and afternoon tea. They do not include travel and accommodation costs.
Numbers on the course are limited and allocated on a first come, first served basis.