- This event has passed.
Confident Spatial Analysis – London
We are pleased to offer you this short course jointly organised by the Administrative Data Research Centre for England (ADRC-E) and the Consumer Data Research Centre (CDRC).
In this course we will cover how to prepare and analyse spatial data in RStudio & GeoDa. We will use RStudio to perform spatial overlay techniques (such as union, intersection and buffers) to combine different spatial data layers to support a spatial analysis decision. We will also use RStudio and GeoDa to explore a range of different spatial analyses including regression, Moran’s I and clustering. By the end of the course you will understand how RStudio manages spatial data and be able to use RStudio for a range of spatial analysis.
If you are not already familiar with the basic elements of GIS or R, you may wish to attend the one-day course ‘Introduction to Spatial Data & Using R as a GIS’ prior to this course on 20 July where these skills are covered.
• Basic spatial analysis and statistics, such as Moran’s I and Local Indicators of Spatial Autocorrelation
• Using GeoDa and R to perform these analysis and understand the outputs
• Be aware of the advantages and disadvantages of different pieces of software
• Perform spatial decision making in R, using buffers, overlays and spatial joins
• Know how to use RStudio and GeoDa for a range of spatial analysis
• Understand why spatial autocorrelation is important and how to measure it
• Be able to use GeoDa to perform clustering analysis
• Understand how to use buffers and overlays to support your proposals
• Develop your confidence in using RStudio for data handling using scripts
• Know how to develop custom functions in RStudio
Further course details can be found here.
Please email email@example.com for more information.
£30 – For UK registered postgraduate students
£60 – For staff at UK academic institutions, Research Council UK funded researchers, UK public sector staff and staff at UK registered charity organisations
£220 – For all other participants
Free place for ADRC/ADRN/ADS staff
All fees include event materials, lunch, morning and afternoon tea. They do not include travel and accommodation costs.
Refreshments and lunch are provided, and numbers on the course are limited and allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Registration by 12th July 2017 is strongly recommended.
Introduction to QGIS: Understanding and Presenting Spatial Data – UCL London – 19th July 2017
Introduction to Spatial Data & Using R as a GIS – UCL London – 20th July 2017